Friday, October 28, 2016

Pawprint on My Heart card

Hello,

I almost nearly forgot to share this little cutie project. This is for yet another MFT card challenge, MFTWSC303. I barely finished it on Wednesday after their next sketch had already gone up.....in other words....I was late. lol.

The reason I've been joining these challenges is two-fold. First, I seem to have a lot of MFT stamps & dies and Two: this gets me started in cardmaking and I finally use the stamps and dies that I have.

Anyway, so this card came about after some brainstorming with my daughter. I showed her the sketch and asked her what she envisioned. So we went from fish and bubbles to fish tank (I told her I have no fish stamps) to halloween & x-rays....and ended up with this. lol.



I know...it was a logical progression ;)

My favorite part is actually the blended background. I used Tim Holtz distress inks in pinks and reds. The stamp set is the same one I used in the "I Love Mew" card that I posted here.

A lot of heat embossing went into this card. The pawprints on the background, the kitty's outline on the x-ray and the sentiment were all heat embossed. The enamel dots are actually Nuvo Crystal drops that I created separately on my craft mat and then placed on the card once they were set. I originally placed the Nuvo drops directly on the card but didn't like the rough edges once they dried. So I carefully pried them off and used the pre-made ones. Here are some close-ups.




The sentiment is continued on the inside.


So that's this week's project. I've already started work on the new MFT card sketch challenge and I will hopefully finish that one on time. I have a million ideas for this latest sketch but I think I finally settled one. If I have time, I might create the other ideas I have.

Anyway, thanks for stopping by and hanging out with me for a bit.

Have a blessed and crafty day.

Hugs,
Bettina :)

No comments:

Post a Comment