Saturday, October 15, 2016

I Love Mew

Hi there,

So, I decided to leave the card alone and not add any more to it. Less is more, right? I'm super happy with how the card turned out and I definitely also learned a few things along the way--mainly what NOT to do when creating a shaker card with micro beads. lol.  Anyway, here's the card and my take on the MFTWSC302 


I used the MFT BB Knead You stamp set...soooo cute. I tried to color the kitty to look like ours; she's a tortoise shell and she's grey and white with tan patches all over. 


I hand doodled the string coming from the ball of yarn and squiggled it a bit to give the string some "yarny" texture. I used the largest of the MFT Stitched Rectangle Scallop Frames and also decided to use the MFT Stitched Interactive Window Trio die for the first time EVER. Once I had the windows cut out and stamped the images that would be under each window flap I decided to make it a shaker card.

I first layed the front panel with the windows onto the card front and traced the squares so I could see where I wanted to stamp the images and sentiments that would go inside the shaker and be concealed by the flaps. I stamped one of the yarn ball images in the first window, one of the mice in the middle, and the I Love Mew sentiment in the last window underneath the kitty. Then I masked off the area around the window and added some Tim Holtz distress inks; Spun Sugar along the bottom portion of each window and Tea Dye across the top.

Next I added some acetate on the back of the front panel to create the windows and then added foam tape and micro beads. I kind of did things backwards and had trouble centering the card panel with the front panel but in the end it all worked out. 


I think this would make a cute Valentines or anniversary card...or a Just Because card.


So, that's my card for today. I really enjoyed creating this card. Hope you like it, too.

Have a blessed and crafty day.

Hugs,
Bettina :)

No comments:

Post a Comment