Sunday, October 23, 2016

Christmas Gift Tags

Hello fellow crafters,

Just a quick share of my latest crafty project. I made a few tags for Jamie's Scrappin Stampers FB group October challenge using the BB Santa's Elves stamp set by MFT. These playful elves are too cute and were the perfect size for these little tags.


As small and as simple as they may look, they were truly a challenge for me to make. I don't know what my issue was but it took me days to finish these. I used an older Christmas themed 6x6 paper pad I had in my stash and cut the shapes with a Spellbinders die. When it was time to add the ribbon for hanging I tore the paper a bit (the hole was too small for the ribbon I was trying to use) hence the use of a snowflake eyelet on one of the tags. I also switched to some gold thread and baker's twine instead of ribbon. Because the images took up quite a bit of space I couldn't fit the "to" and "from" on the front of all of them so I stamped it on the back.



Coming up with colors and color combos is always hard for me as well. I really like the idea of bright colors and green hats vs red so all of the elves are wearing the same colored hat and shoes. I did want them all to be a little bit different so they all wear different colored shirts and leggings. For the white on their hat and the stocking I added lots of shimmer with the Spectrum Noir glitter brush pen.




So that's my project share for today. I hope it gave you inspiration to start on your own Christmas projects. Thanks for stopping by.

Have a blessed & crafty day.

Hugs,
Bettina :)

No comments:

Post a Comment