Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Beary Special Surprise Birthday Card for the MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge

Hi there all,

I decided to join in on the MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge. As I'm posting they've already moved on to the next challenge but you can find the sketch for last week's here

Anyway, I had some grandiose idea about what I wanted to do and here's a glimpse of it in the planning stage


It was going to be a tri-fold card. But, alas, time ran out for me and I couldn't quite figure out how to execute my design idea in time, so I ended up with this card:


It ended up being a regular side-fold card with a peek-a-boo window. I used a different image from the same stamp set - it's the Beary Special Birthday stamp set - and I think it turned out sweet. It would be a really cute little boy's birthday card, I think.


I used a SSS stencil for the stars and masked a section to create the lines with Tim Holtz distress inks.
I forgot to write down the colors but I used warm greys to color the bear with Spectrum Noir markers. I was going to also use this card to join the MFT color challenge, but then felt it needed a pop of color and added the red circle frame. Here's the inside:



Well, that's my entry for this week. I'm off to create something for next week's challenge. Hope you have a chance to join in the fun, too.

Have a blessed and crafty day,

Hugs,
Bettina :)




No comments:

Post a Comment