Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Happy Bear-thday Shaker

Hello,

Just quickly wanted to jump on here to share a card I created for an MFT Color challenge. I've never done a color challenge before and had been wanting to so when I checked it out and saw the color palette I couldn't let it pass me by.


The colors are classic and timeless. So here's my entry for MFT Color Challenge #57


It's a shaker card using MFT ever so cute BB Beary Special Birthday stamp set. For this stamp set I also have the matching dies which makes me very happy because I'm not great at fussy cutting and sometimes my hands hurt. To frame the shaker bits, which are a combination of red, silver, and clear sequins from my stash (probably Darice brand from Michael's) I used the MFT Stitched Rectangle Scallop Frames die and colored it with some dark red Spectrum Noir markers to match the balloon and bow. I stamped the sentiment directly onto the acetate with black StazOn ink. That took a couple of tries because I always seem to make a mess and smudge things. But nothing an alcohol wipe can't fix.

The bear I colored with cool greys. Everything got sparkled up with my Spectrum Noir glitter brush marker and a touch of glossy accents adds shine and extra cuteness to the bear's nose.


I thought the inside of the shaker looked a bit bare (lol---just realized that could sound a bit like a pun) so I stamped the stack of presents in Memento flannel grey ink and colored it with light shades of cool grey. And I thought that was just enough of something in the background.



That's my card share. Hope you enjoyed.

Have a safe & blessed Thanksgiving and I hope you get to spend it in the company of family & friends with much love & laughter.

Hugs,
Bettina :)



1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing this with us, I love your card and it’s given me such great ideas for my own shaker card. Love your colouring technique and absolutely love that sparkle on him. I agree that little pile of presents just takes the bare ness off the background.
    Carry on giving us great cards. Stay safe.
    Warmest regards
    Helen x 👍😎🥂👏👋

    ReplyDelete