Tuesday, February 14, 2017

MFT BB Our Story card share

Hello crafty pals,

Happy Valentine's Day!  January was a bust for me. I think I made two things. I think I was recovering from Christmas card overload. LOL. Anyone else have this problem?

Anyway, I finally was able to motivate myself and make time to join this week's MFT challenge so here's what I came up with for MFTWSC319.


I used the BB Our Story stamp set I got for Christmas. It's so cute; I can't wait to play with it some more. Using the stack of books I stamped a background trying to stagger the image for each column to make it look more random. I used the MISTI and it helped a lot. It definitely wasn't a quick background, so just be warned if you want to try it-LOL. Next,  I stamped out the book stack on another piece of cardstock, colored it and cut it out (using my Brother Scan N Cut that I also got for Christmas--I LOVE it!!!). When I placed the colored book stack over the matching stack on the background, I realized that it barely stood out because I had used black ink to stamp the background. I should have used a light grey maybe but I didn't want to start over. So, in order to diffuse the background a bit, I layered a piece of vellum over it and that helped a lot.

Then I just layered everything on some gingham patterned paper from my stash. I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment with some white embossing powder on some dark grey cardstock and used the fishtail banner die from the MFT die-namics Blueprints #27 to cut it out. Also used some SSS Stitched circle dies to cut out the circle frame from some pretty light blue cardstock. And just because it looked a little too plain, I added a few sequins from my stash. Overall it's a very clean and simple card that would be great for many occasions.

The cards I've seen using this week's MFT sketch are so amazing. Did you guys see this astronaut card by Karen Baker? It's actually a slider card!!! It just WOWs. I can't love it enough!!!

Later this week I will share pics of some Valentine's Day cards I made.  Thanks for hanging out with me today. 

Have a blessed & crafty day.

Hugs,
Bettina :)

No comments:

Post a Comment