Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Drama Llama

Hello Crafty Friends,

I really love this week's MFTWSC #321 and was super happy that there was time for me to make a card with this sketch. It did take me all day to make it because....color decisions. lol. Such a struggle for me but I'm super happy with how it turned out. It has the southwest feel that I was going for and that border die adds the perfect finishing touch. Here's my card


The stamp set I used is called "Llama Love" This card went through quite the evolution from my initial idea to the final product. I knew I wanted to use that sentiment and I needed this llama to be dramatic. At first I thought it would be enough to just frame it in a way that would draw your eye to the llama but it wasn't enough for me. At some point while I was coloring and cutting out the aloe-like plant, I started seeing other possibilities in the shape. I tried it out as a wig and knew that was the drama this llama needed. I made several different colored "wigs" and finally settled on this one. I also thought it would be a nice effect to have the circle appear to be almost like a hot desert sun and that plant shape lent itself perfectly to use as flickering flames. And, of course, everything's more dramatic with sparkle....so glitter added. lol. So, that's my card. Here are some close-ups.



Hope you enjoyed. Thanks for stopping by.

Have a blessed and crafty day.
Hugs,
Bettina :)

No comments:

Post a Comment