Friday, April 24, 2015

Thank You Window Card using Art Impressions "Purrr-thday" stamp set

Hello Crafty Friends,

Earlier this week I finally finished that window card I mentioned in my previous post. Personally, I totally love how it turned out. I got to use my cricut cartridges since I don't have a whole lot of dies. Most of the dies I have are the basic shapes but I really like looking for ways to put my Cricut to use.

So, the card ended up being a tri-fold because that was the best way I found for the window card to work since it was a kind of "Thanks from all of us" and I needed room for everyone to be able to sign.

I never seem to be able to use just one stamp set and this card was no exception. The focal image of the back and front cats is from AI and the inside sentiment "You're the Best" is actually spliced together from several stamp sets because I don't have a stamp with that exact sentiment.....errrr....well, I found one after the fact but it wasn't the right style or size anyways. lol. The greeting in the front was created with an alphabet stamp and cut set by Hero Arts, which I just purchased. The inside of the window has a greeting from yet another stamp set (which I can't recall at the moment). I also can't recall at the moment where the pattern paper came from. Hmmmm....

So, enough chit-chat about memory loss....here's the card.


You can see that there's not a lot of room to write because of the window and the pattern paper. I suppose I could've omitted the pattern paper or used a lighter print, but I really didn't want the recipient to be able to see the message(s) through the window. The solution to that dilemma was to make a tri-fold. I didn't take pics of the card completely opened but the floral panel opens up to reveal blank pages ideal for signatures and personalized messages to the recipient. To create this fold I basically made another card base and simply glued them together.




The yellow paper was more of a happy accident to cover up a bad stamp job. I don't use yellow much but I think it totally works in this case. You can see the floral paper through the window. Love it!



And here's a close up of the inside...


There's some acetate in between the window frames. I actually cut out the center piece from the bottom of the window; originally it was a 4 pane window but you couldn't see all of the cats' faces so I cut out that center piece and it looks neat-O.


The banner was created using that same Hero Arts stamp and cut set I used to create the greeting in the front. This stamp set actually comes with a couple of dies; a fishtail banner and a flag banner. I scored it at Joann's for less than $10. Yay!

Thanks so much for stopping by. Hope you enjoyed the card. If you have questions or comments, please feel free to leave them below.

Have a blessed & crafty day.

Hugs,
Bettina :)

1 comment:

  1. I love it. I have so many AI stamps but not this kitty one. I love what you did with the card. I might have to copy it. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete