Saturday, April 11, 2015

Happy Easter and Happy Spring

Hello there,

Hope everyone had a wonderful and blessed Easter and a restful Spring break.

I had the chance to make a few cards over the past couple of weeks. Here they are. The top card is an Easter card and a Mother's Day card. I had actually made a second Easter card like the one shown only with floral background paper but I already sent it out to my daughter.

Mother's Day and Easter card

Penguin birthday card


The penguin card is for my youngest daughter's birthday which is coming up soon (sigh)

The Mother's Day card was inspired by this beautiful card made by Debbie Hughes. I actually used my Cricut Country Life cartridge for the vase and a SSS stamp set that came with the May 2014 card kit. The roses and leaves are cut from vellum and the swirls are white embossed in the front but colored with pigment inks in the back. Then I arranged the elements in three different layers; either flat, or one to two thicknesses of foam tape.


The Easter card is just a 3.5"x3.5" square card. I colored a stamp with Spectrum Noir colored pencils and used Gamsol to blend out the colors. For the background I used some Tim Holtz Salty Ocean (I think) distress ink. Then it's just centered on a scalloped circle die cut and a simple bow for embellishment. Kept it fairly simple. :)


Finally, the birthday card was inspired by this card, which I found on Pinterest. To create the background I applied some white pigment ink onto purple cardstock using a stencil I had. Then I used my Cricut Create a Critter cartridge to cut out some balloons, but I also used an egg die to cut out oval shaped balloons. I didn't like how "flat" the balloons looked so I distressed the edges of each with similar colored distress inks. I created the penguin entirely with the oval egg die which I cut from black and white cardstock and then used my version of punch art but used the die instead. The feet are upside down hearts punched from yellow cardstock. For some fun I gave him googly eyes and a fun hat. I think she'll like the card; I enjoyed making it.



So, those are my card shares for today. Thanks ever so much for stopping by.

Hope to be back soon.

Have a blessed & crafty day!

Hugs,
Bettina :)

No comments:

Post a Comment