Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Teacher Thank You card

Hi there,

I had wanted to have a crafty weekend but had so many mishaps that I was only able to make 2 cards. I still need to make 3 or 4 cards & other projects because I plan to enter several challenges going on (more on that in later posts, I think)

So here's one of the cards I made.


It's a flip card I made using my new Sizzix Square Flip-Its die set. In no time at all with this set of 12 dies you can make this type of card with all the layers. So fun!!! It's hard to see, but I actually embossed the sentiment; I feel like it stands out just a bit more that way. Next time I will try to use a lighter weight paper because I used a 110 lb paper here and find that it's hard to stay closed. Since it's my first time making this type of card and using this die set I'm not sure if it's supposed to be that way? 


The papers are by Mambi. The stack of books is actually a stamp by Unity Stamp Company and I colored it with Spectrum Noir alcohol markers, fussy cut it, and stuck it on with some foam tape.


I had intended to use it as an entry for Jamie at Scrappin Stampers. She has a monthly challenge on her Facebook page. However, I changed my mind and will just keep this card on hand. Never hurts to have a teacher thank you card handy, right?!  I will share my actual entry card to Jamie's challenge in another post instead. :)

I'll be back in a bit with more posts and a video tutorial.

Thanks for stopping by.

Have a blessed & crafty day!

Hugs~Bettina :)

Supplies used: 

Dies: Sizzix Cards-Square Flip-its #2 (559175)

Stamp: Itty Bitty by Unity: Struggle is Part of It; TPC Studio (sorry, not sure of the name of this stamp set. Had to throw out the packaging because it was a mess) but the set has several versions of "Thank You" and some speech bubble stamps. Hope that helps :) 

Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black Ink; VersaFine Black Onyx

Papers: Recollections 110 lb white cardstock; Mambi Sheets 8x8 school pad

Embossing powder: Recollections Detail Black

Scott 3M foam tape, ATG gun

Spectrum Noir: TB4, TB5, JG1, JG4, GB3, GB4, DR3, DR6 

Inkadinkadoo embossing buddy

No comments:

Post a Comment