Monday, September 15, 2014

Make Magic Happen

Hi there,

Time for a Halloween card, I think. Been sick all last week but finally feeling better and ready to make something. Here's the card I created yesterday using my new Itty Bitty stamp by Unity called "Make Magic Happen".



When I got the stamp I knew I wanted to try some chunky embossing powder that I remembered I had in my stash. It's Recollections chunky embossing powder in Aged Black and it's got these wonderful gold specks mixed in. Here's a close up of the amzing texture you get. Looks like a metal pot! I LOVE it!!!


I also knew I wanted to use distress inks to try to create a glow coming from the pot as though there's something magical brewing. ;) Then I wanted it to fade into a purple/dark background. After I laid out the colors and blended them as much as I could I sprayed it with water and everything magically blended and all the splotches from my feeble attempts at blending disappeared.

I tried stamping the sentiment in Brilliance: Galaxy Gold but didn't like it because it didn't stand out at all. Since it was pigment ink, I used a sponge dauber and sponged over the sentiment in the same ink in a circular motion until the words blended in. This created a subtle shimmery cloud that seemed to be hovering over the pot. Then I used Memento Luxe: Wedding Dress ink to sponge around the edge of this "cloud" which created a subtle fog effect. Totally covered up my, err, mistakes. lol.  Then I embossed the sentiment onto the shimmery cloud with black embossing powder. Also colored in the spider and used purple, green, & pink Zazz glitter glue and stickles to add sparkle to the bubbly pot.


I cut the image to 3 1/2" x 4 3/4" then sponged around the edges of the card with black soot and mounted the image on a purple mat that was cut ever so slightly larger (also sponged with black soot) and finally placed it on some background paper from the DCWV Spooky Time stack using some dimensional foam tape.

So, that's the card. It was so much fun to make and I absolutely LOVED using the chunky embossing powder.

Here's a video on how I made the card (once again not without technical difficulties-lol):



The list of supplies used is at the bottom of this post but I thought I'd try and take a snapshot of everything I used (if you're a visual person, like me) ;)



Thanks for stopping by.

Have a blessed & crafty day.

Hugs~Bettina

Supplies used:

Stamp: Itty Bitty by Unity: Make Magic HappenInks: Tim Holtz distress inks: Mustard Seed, Peeled Paint, Mowed Lawn, Seedless Preserves, Black Soot

Other inks: Versamark, VersaFine Black Onyx, Brilliance: Galaxy Gold, Memento Luxe: Wedding DressEmbossing powder: Recollections detail black: ebony, Recollections chunky: aged black
Papers: white cardstock, Recollections: purple, black, DCWV The Spooky Time stack
Misc.: Zazz glitter glue in grape (purple), grass (green), & taffy (pink), Stickles by Ranger; Scott 3M foam tape, ATG gun

Spectrum Noir: GG4, GG5, True Black, Inkadinkadoo embossing buddy, stamp majig by Inkadinkadoo





No comments:

Post a Comment