Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Paisley Has a Prezzie card

Hi again,

Bonus post & a video!!! Yay!

For this post I wanted to share the actual card I entered in Jamie's (Scrappin Stampers) monthly challenge (I talked about it in the previous post). It came out so cute.


The challenge was to make a fall or back to school card or project. The card was inspired by AmyR who is Prairie Paper & Ink on YouTube. She made these awesome cards on Kraft cardstock using white embossing or white stamping and coloring with colored pencils. I love that look and wanted to try it out for myself.  The stamp I used is Uptown girl Paisley has a Prezzie, by Stamping Bella, and her actual image shows her holding a present behind her back. Well, I wanted her to hold a pumpkin to really make it more fall themed.



I used my new Spectrum Noir colored pencils to color her in and then I used my Cricut Create a Critter cartridge (p. 70) to cut out the pumpkin from orange cardstock; it's cut at 0.75". To add details to the pumpkin I used a VersaMarker pen; it's like the pen version of the VersaMark sticky ink pad. With that pen I drew on the lines and used white embossing powder. For some shading I used Spectrum Noir alcohol markers and for even more detail I used a white gel pen.


For the "bow" I wanted to do something a little different. I found some orange organza ribbon in my stash and played with it by folding the ribbon back & forth on itself and fanning it out. When I liked how it looked I stapled it and hot-glued it behind the image like you see here.


Finally, I embossed the sentiment with a copper embossing powder and used the Wink of Stella pen (not the brush) to add some sparkle to the pumpkin and all the purple areas on the stamped image.


So, that is the card for today. I will post more soon since I'm working on more challenge entries.

I did promise a video so here it is. Hope you enjoy!



Talk to you again soon. Thanks for stopping by!

Have a blessed & crafty day!

Hugs~Bettina :)

Supplies used:
Stamps used: "Uptown Girl Paisley has a Prezzie" from Stamping Bella, "Greetings" by TPC Studio.
Spectrum Noir Markers: OR1, OR2, GB3
Spectrum Noir Colored Pencils (Essentials Set): 001, 039, 095
Inks: Versa Mark; Versa Marker;Tim Holtz Distress Inks: Vintage Photo; 
Gel Excel Reminisce white gel pen
Embossing Powder: Recollections Black Fine Detail, Recollections Detail Embossing Powder: Snow; copper embossing powder (probably Recollections)
Cricut Cartridge: Create a Critter (p. 70) for the pumpkin
Papers: Kraft cardstock from SSS card kit; BoBunny Autumn Song collection (6x6 paper pad)

Embellishments: orange organza ribbon from Michaels
Adhesives: Foam dots, Tombo Mono-Multi Glue, ATG tape, hot glue

No comments:

Post a Comment