Saturday, July 12, 2014

Thinking Of You card

Hi folks,

Hope everyone had a fantastic 4th of July and is enjoying their summer. I can't believe it's already mid July; where'd the time go?!

I'm trying to figure out some technical issues with the Movie Maker software on my new computer; apparently it's not able to convert the file from my camera so I'm unable to edit any videos because I can only hear the audio. (*sigh*). Been wanting to make a tutorial for some time now but I can't get around this problem. So, instead here are some pictures of a card I made recently.


It's a standard A2 size card I made using the new Mama Elephant stamp set "In My Heart". This set has the cutest images and sweetest sentiments. You can find them here. I colored this image with my Spectrum Noir markers and used the coordinating die to cut her out.


I also purchased the "Landscape Trio" die set from Mama Elephant which I used to create the scene of the rolling meadows and the cloud shape. The meadow is cut from green cardstock, the cloud from some white, and the actual sky background is a very light blue cardstock scrap I found. I love the faux stitching the dies create. I used foam tape to adhere the cloud, the front layer of the meadow, the buttefly, the little girl, and the sentiment. I used different thicknesses of foam tape to create the various layers and depth. Check here if you're interested in this die set. I love it!


The sentiments is actually from Lawn Fawn; it's the "Chit Chat" stamp set and I used a coordinating die to cut that out as well. I'm in love with this Memento Luxe ink color Lilac Posies. It's like the perfect shade of pink and it just looks yummy. The picture doesn't do it justice.

I stamped the grass (included with the stamp set) all over the green cardstock to add more texture & interest 'cause it was looking a little bland. Also stamped the butterfly (also part of the set) on the background then stamped it again, colored it, and cut it out and used a tiny piece of foam tape to place it over the stamped image.



Finally, I added some sequins because I can't leave well enough alone and clean and simple cards are super hard for me. But I think it's still clean and simple. What do you think? Did you make anything fun lately? Would love to hear from you.

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you enjoyed this card.

Have a blessed & crafty day.

Bettina :)

Supplies used:

Stamps & Dies: In My Heart by Mama Elephant, Landscape Trio

Papers: White, green, and light blue cardstock; card base is white cardstock
Inks: Memento Tuxedo black, Spectrum Noir: FS2, TN1, TN2, PP3 (Face, arms & legs) PP3, BP1, PP6 (dress), Memento Luxe Lilac Posies
Adhesives: 3M Foam tape and Recollections foam dots
Embellishments: Pink & Irridescent White sequin (Michael's brand)

No comments:

Post a Comment