Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Souffle's Sentiments Hello Card

Hi, and welcome to my first post of my new crafty blog.

Today I wanted to share with you a card I created last night using stamps included in the July 2014 Simon Says Stamp card kit. I also used the cutest little ducky image from my new-ish stamp set, Popcorn the Bear. This set is called "Souffle's Sentiments" and it's made by Crafter's Companion. Isn't he cute? I'm not sure if his name is Souffle? I kind of love that idea. lol. You can find the stamp set here.







While the card is fairly easy to put together, it did take me about an hour to complete it because of all the fussy cutting and distressing of each envelope. So here's what I did.

I stamped out the ducky on some white scrap paper with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, colored him in with Spectrum Noir markers, and then fussy cut him out. In hindsight, I should have used the cardstock intended for use with alcohol markers for smoother blending. Buuuuutttt....he still turned out stinkin' cute :)

Next I used all the envelope stamps from the "Sending Happy Thoughts" stamp set and stamped them out on various colored card stock using VersaMark ink and black embossing powder. Once I heat set the embossing powder I cut out each envelope. Next I chose Tim Holtz distress inks that closely matched the colored card stock and sponged the edges of each envelope. Since I don't have a lot of distress inks, I actually chose the papers based on the inks I did have. Gotta make do, right? A few envelopes were stamped with a heart stamp (also from the kit) using a SSS ink called Red Lipstick (came with the kit).


Finally, I stamped out the "hello" from the same stamp set in a turquoise ink and used a 1" punch to punch it out.

For the background I chose some polka dot paper. On top of that I layered a sheet of vellum cut slightly smaller. The ledger paper was cut using dies from my new Die-namics Blueprint #5 die set from My Favorite Things.

Everything was assembled on a top folding card base using white cardstock. The ducky and the "hello" are on some foam tape for extra dimension. For the final touches I added a few enamel dots. I love enamel dots lately.


And here's the finished card. Can't wait to send it to my friend :)



Hope you enjoyed and got inspired.

Have a blessed & crafty day.

Bettina :)

Supplies used:
Stamp sets used: "Sending Happy Thoughts" from Simon Says Stamp, "Souffle's Sentiments" by Popcorn the Bear from Crafter's Companion.
Spectrum Noir Markers: For the duck- LY1, LY2, CT2, PP3 his bill & feet-GB3, GB4, OR1
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versa Magic "Turquoise Gem", SSS "Red Lipstick", Versa Mark, Tim Holtz Distress Inks-Scattered Straw, Peacock Feathers, Spiced Marmelade, & Shaded Lilac
Embossing Powder: Recollections Black Fine Detail

Dies & Punches: Die-namics Blueprints #15 from My Favorite Things, Martha Stewart 1" circle punch
Papers: Heavy weight vellum from SSS card kit, AC "Hip Hip Hooray", MME "The Sweetest Thing-Tangerine", 
Neenah White #110, miscellaneous colored cardstock from my scrappy stash
Embellishments: various enamel dots from my stash
Adhesives: 3M Foam tape, Tombo Mono-Multi Glue, ATG tape

No comments:

Post a Comment