Monday, August 18, 2014

Hello everyone,

Just finished making/casing a super-fun, easy & versatile card that was completely inspired by Laura Sterckx at makingcardsisfun.com. She has a YT tutorial also here. I didn't have the same colors but I think it still came out cute & fun. It's going to an 11 year old who probably won't treasure it but I'm sure she'll enjoy it; my daughter (same age) loves the card so I think I'm on the right track, lol.

I also didn't have the cute balloon stencil that Laura used so I made my own using Spellbinders circle dies and cut 2 small'ish circles out of some blank stencil material that I found at Michael's. I found it in the section where they carry stencils for home-decor and there are 3 sheets in a package. It wasn't easy as butter to cut it with these thin dies even when I used a shim. The dies only cut through partially and I ended up having to use a cutting blade to finish the job. I bet a Tim Holtz die could cut through it no problem but I don't know if those come with basic shapes? Anyone out there know?

Anywho, here's the video on how I made the Laura Sterckx inspired card:


And here are pics of my version of Laura's card:




Thanks for stopping by. Have a blessed & crafty day.

Hugs,
Bettina

Supplies used:
Inks: Tim Holtz distress inks: Picked Raspberry, Shaded Lilac, Spun Sugar, Squeezed Lemonade, Peacock Feathers. Versafine black onyx
Embossing powder: Recollections detail black
Papers: white cardstock, Recollections pre-made cardbase & envelope set (5x5)
Misc. sequins for embellishments
Inkadinkadoo embossing buddy




No comments:

Post a Comment